Posté le :
We are looking for a Senior Front End Software Engineer with at least 3 years experience, with a detailed understanding and practical application of the following systems:
- HTML5 and CSS
- Mithril, React.js or similar UI framework
- Unit testing tools
- Websockets and REST APIs
- GIT or similar distributed version control software
- Comfortable in Linux environments
Bonus Points For:
- OpenLayers, D3 libraries
- iOS or Android development
- Server side experience with Python, Node.js or Rust
- DevOps tools such as Ansible, Packer
- Bring your own technologies
- Personal projects
- You will be educated to at least bachelors degree level in a science or engineering discipline. Masters or doctorate advantageous.
Integration and interfacing
- Our core activity is maritime safety and security applications. We're bringing the latest web technologies to real-world hardware i.e. we don't just work in the cloud. We interface with very diverse equipment: radar, sonar, thermal imaging, software-defined radios and more. Our UI runs on touchscreen displays, tablets, phones, smart-glasses...
- If you are looking for an easy job, this isn't it. We operate in mission critical environments. Our systems can operate at sea and high security areas with limited connectivity to the data center. So, all your assumptions about cloud development techniques and operating environments will be constantly challenged. Timelines are strict, and creativity is often required to solve unexpected technical issues. It can be extremely diverse, interesting and rewarding if you are up to the challenge.
Front-end and back-end
- The position is predominantly for front-end development, but our work involves both user interface and back-end server processing. Very few developers are gifted with the ability to excel equally in both, but good developers will have an appreciation of "the other side" - an essential in designing the best APIs.
The Work Environment
- Development on Macs and Ubuntu: We're pragmatic so realize we also have to work with Windows occasionally
- Prestigious location: Overlooking the Monaco Grand Prix track and port. § Outdoor sport paradise: Nearby mountains and skiing, cycling opportunities, and obviously the sea
- Mainly office/lab based: Here in Monaco, but occasional remote working possible too. Occasional travel to customer installations all around the world
- Small team: Embracing modern development practices. New ideas are always encouraged and we'll try most things, but we always settle on what works for us
- Diverse team (in a good way): Our local team in Monaco is very multicultural including old experienced engineers balanced with the brightest young graduates
- Passionate: We are passionate and enjoy what we do